- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Professional Studies
- Personal Development
- Student Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Students of the UIW School of Professional Studies (SPS) or School of Applied Sciences (SAS) are encouraged to apply for the Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarships for the 2013-14 Academic Year. Student does not have to be a member of the local ASL chapter to apply. Nine $2,000 scholarships are awarded to adult students from any chapter institution, which includes University of the Incarnate Word.
• Completed 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution. (Not including transfer credits)
• Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
• Is 24 years of age or older
• Is enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program at this institution
• Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree
• Personal statement
• Faculty recommendation
• Financial need
Click here to view/save PDF Application
The following documents are included in this file packet:
• Applicant General Information
• Application Instructions to Students and Grant Guidelines
• Scholarship Application and Faculty Recommendation
• Review Guidelines
DEADLINE: The completed application packet must be submitted by April 19, 2013 to your Academic Advisor.
Dr. Cyndi Porter, VP of Extended Academic Programs, describes her learning experience as an adult student for the CAEL Learning Stories.