Admissions and Applying
- Applicants must be out of high school for at least 5 years.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 is suggested for admission to the University. Based on academic criteria, applicants may be asked to take an academic placement test.
Applicants should have completed 3-years of full-time employment. (For the purpose of this program, an adult who has worked full-time inside the home for a minimum of 3-years will fulfill the employment requirement.)
The residency requirement at the undergraduate level is 45 credit hours. 36 hours of the 45-hour residency requirement must be completed within the last 45 credit hours taken for degree completion. The 45-hour residency requirement can be fulfilled with courses taken in any instruction format offered at UIW. 12 of the total 45-hour residency requirement must be upper division courses in the major field of study.
- Evidence of an earned Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with an overall GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Official transcripts from each college and university previously attended. These transcripts must be mailed or e-mailed directly from the college or university to our office.
- At least one of the following as specified by the discipline under program description:
- A nationally recognized entrance test specified by the discipline
- Evaluation by one or more professionals in the intended field of study
- Professional certification or a degree of equal or higher level than that sought from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Letters of Recommendation
Other admission criteria as specified by the discipline may include but are not limited to:
Discipline-specific requirements are listed under each program description. Petitions for admission with exception to the published criteria must be recommended by the Program Admissions Committee and approved by the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. Exceptions must be documented with an explanation.Conditional admission may be granted upon approval of the Program Admissions Committee and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research. Criteria and the time limit for removing conditions will be specified in the letter of admission.
- A minimum number of credit hours in the discipline with a specified GPA minimum
- Other specialized test with acceptable performance
- An interview with faculty or admissions personnel
- A writing sample