Skip to content Skip to menu
UIW Sites

Adult Education - Extended Academic Programs

Main Menu

Admissions for Current Students

Previous UIW students

If you have previously attended classes at UIW but did not complete your degree, you may not be required to fill out a new application. Please review the admissions process below.

Previous School of Professional Studies or School of Applied Sciences (formerly ADCaP and UIW Online) Students:

Students Seeking Readmission: If you previously attended UIW's School of Professional Studies (SPS) or School of Applied Sciences (SAS) but have had a break of enrollment for over two terms and did not complete the UIW degree attempted, please complete the appropriate Student Readmission Form from the links below. You do not need to complete a new application. If you have attended another institution since your last enrollment, you must submit an official transcript of coursework attempted.  Students must be in good standing to be readmitted to the university.

Note: Former UIW students who have previously completed a degree and wish to apply for an additional UIW degree will need to apply for admission to that program using the application.

For current UIW main-campus students who intend to: 

  • Take a class with SPS or SAS but remain a main-campus student
  • Transfer schools completely to SPS or SAS as a full or part-time student

SPS and SAS are designed for the adult learner who has been out of high school for five years and has worked in a full-time job for three years. Professors are scholar practitioners who expect students to share their work experience in classes.  Classes are taught in an accelerated eight-week term with all of the learning outcomes required of a typical sixteen-week semester.  The instruction format may be completely online, taught in the classroom in the evening or on weekends at a UIW learning center, or may be blended with both online and classroom instruction.

Degree programs available in:

Requirements for main-campus students to take a single class in SPS or SAS

  • Student must be within 15 credits of graduation or have extenuating circumstances that necessitate taking courses. A new application is not required.
  • Student must receive approval for the specific course from his/her main campus advisor and dean of their program.
  • Student must receive approval from an advisor in the School of Professional Studies (SPS) or the School of Applied Sciences (SAS) and the dean of the school. Approval from SPS or SAS is requested when registering for a class in that school.
  • Register for your desired course at and the request will be reviewed by an advisor.
  • Once approval is received, the student will be contacted by an advisor.

Other requirements may apply. Please consult your main campus adviser.

Requirements for main-campus students to transfer to SPS or SAS

A main campus student who wishes to transfer to the School of Professional Studies (SPS) or School of Applied Sciences (SAS) must change their degree to a degree offered within the school and meet the qualifications of an applicant. A new application is not required.

Transfer Qualifications:

  • Be out of high school for five years
  • Completed three years of full-time employment
  • 2.0 GPA and in good standing with UIW

Note: No transcripts need to be submitted if currently a student with UIW.

For more information, please see your current academic advisor.

Process: The student should complete the Change of Major/Concentration/Program form to indicate your desire to switch from main campus to the School of Professional Studies (SPS) or the School of Applied Sciences (SAS).  Choose the new major you intend to pursue on the form.  You will be contacted by an academic advisor who will review your qualifications and update UIW student records if the program change is approved.

For questions/support, please contact your current main campus Academic Advisor.  If you do not have an advisor or need additional support, contact EAP Advising at Students without any previous UIW history should contact EAP Admissions at 210-757-0202 or

Info Session Webinars

Watch an on-demand Information Session webinar

Learn about our benefits, degree programs, admissions process and more.

View available webinars

Apply and Register

SAS and SPS Spring II term starts March 3

Application deadline: Feb. 18

Email admissions or start a free application!

Health Sciences

Certificates, Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in the Health Sciences are available for those looking to start or promote themselves in the healthcare field.

E-mail us for more info.

Online Learning Tutorial

Dr. Cyndi Porter, VP of Extended Academic Programs, provides a tutorial for students using online tools including Blackboard and DegreeWorks.

Watch on YouTube